Losing a tooth is something that nobody anticipates; it happens by accident or the result of an infection. Finding a good dentist’s cosmetics specialist is key to having a well-done dental implant procedure. The number of people seeking dental Implants in Gainesville has dramatically risen over the past few years. This has largely been contributed by the fact that most junk food that people take today contains a lot of sugar and other harmful chemicals that portend substantial danger to your teeth. In the unfortunate event that you suffer tooth loss, a qualified dentist’s cosmetics specialist will be useful in replacing your missing tooth.
What are the benefits of dental implants?
A dental implant is an artificial tooth that is designed to mimic a real tooth. A titanium root is inserted into the jawbone to support the crown, denture, and bridge. Given its numerous benefits, most people have opted for a dental implant if a tooth is lost. Here is a list of the top benefits of dental implants;
- Dental implants can last for a lifetime – The majority of those who have had dental implants will attest to the fact that dental implants are quite convenient to use. Dental implants are made using titanium, which is highly compatible with the jaw bone. One major benefit of dental implants is that they are bio-compatible. This means that they are not toxic to the body and can be used for an extended period.
- Dental implants keep adjacent teeth stable – The gap created when a tooth is lost poses a significant danger to the remaining teeth. This gap will cause the tooth next to it to bend awkwardly towards the direction of the gap. Without professional dental care, you will find yourself being unable to partake in your favorite food or afford a beautiful smile.
- Dental implants behave like natural teeth – Given their strength and design, dental implants remain the best option for replacing a missing tooth. Those who have used a dental implant will attest to the fact that it’s easy to mistake an implant for a real tooth.
- Dental implants protect you from gum diseases – The gap that exists when a tooth is lost acts as a breeding place for bacteria and food particles. These elements can cause an infection that ultimately brings a dangerous gum disease. A dental implant is introduced to cover any gap caused by tooth loss.
- Dental implants prevent bone loss – When the gap caused by a tooth loss is not filled, the jawbone found within this space will deteriorate due to lack of stimulation. Research findings reveal that the jaw bone around this area loses 25% of its volume every year. There is a need to say that the persistent deterioration of this bone will end up affecting the entire jaw bone. Dental implants are, therefore, useful in filling any existing gap within your dental formula.
- Dental implants prevent facial sagging – Few people are aware that a missing tooth can cause the face to sag. If the gap caused by a missing tooth is not filled, the skin upper jaw bone will begin to sag towards the direction of the gap. Such a scenario can make you appear old even when you are not. Dental implants are the best option for fixing this problem.
- Dental implants are affordable – The cost of having a dental implant done is always cheaper than the price of other dental replacement procedures like a dental bridge. Nothing is more satisfying than being able to replace a missing tooth without incurring high costs.
The main aim of contacting a dentist cosmetics specialist is to have your missing tooth problem fixed once and for all. According to the benefits explored in this article, dental implants remain the best tooth-replacement option.